Wednesday, 29 June 2011

Mistake - My Bad & Baby Showers!

I made a huge mistake, one that can thankfully be rectified. DO NOT use low fat cream cheese - it has 3 to 4 times more calories than smooth cottage cheese - I somehow thought they were the same, but they are worlds apart. No wonder it was soooo delicious. I threw the rest of the cream cheese out and have now got the regular smooth cottage cheese - this one is also from Woolies, I know it may not be as mind blowing yummy as the cream cheese version BUT I am hoping for a fraction of the delicious factor.  My bad people.

Before I would have felt absolutely gutted and guilt stricken about eating those 60g portions, but it's done and I've realised the mistake and can make a better decision next time.  Something small like this really would have derailed me in the past.  Perhaps because I've seen the big picture and just not to allow the guilt to grow and envelope me.

Today there was a baby shower at work.  Everyone bought a plate of eats and something to drink.  I whipped up my now famous cheesecake for the doo.  As it got to eating time, a number of people said "ah shame, you can't have any".  I expressed that it's my choice not to eat, that I have chosen to say no and to stick to my word.  Plus if I didn't, I'm sure they would think, "another diet failed, fat girl can't stick to a diet".  I've had enough of failure.  So I got my fruit, ate that, while everyone snacked on the cakes and savories,  then followed it with lunch.  Success!  I stayed strong.

I did a comparrison of my day 1 photo and a pic I took yesturday.  Shew!I can't believe how much fat I've lost around my face, neck and shoulders.  My body is taking on a shape, a smaller one at that.  That gives me all the extra motivation I need.  I can see this diet is working.  Sure I've still got a long way to go, but 3 and a half months have passed, if I can do it for this amount of time, I can do it for the next few months.  I know when I beat this (during winter too), nothing is impossible.

Being on a diet is tough.  Food is around us all the time, it is feul that we do need to move about.  There is never a time you can hide from it.  Life goes on, parties and braais happen.  I just got to bite down, I still want to mix with my friends and be social, I just need to keep saying no to the bad and to keep strong.

Stay healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment