Friday, 17 June 2011

Weekend Time Again

What a rollercoaster of a week.  From the blackest blue Monday to a relatively pleasant happy Friday.  Hormones are a b*tch (scuz the french dharlings) but really they are, you become a litte demented and can't control yourself 100%.  All in all I am feeling a gazillion times better, I can actually put on a smile. 

I've kept myself occupied and slowly worked through the things I needed too.  I cannot control my HR though, I wish I could, or I wish I could zap them with magic wand and actaully get them to sort out my questions. 

Through this turbulent week, food has not been my comforter.  I didn't turn to it once.  As a matter of fact I wasn't even interested in eating, it would be that I had to eat to keep myself from passing out.  It's a relief that that habit has been broken.  If I need comfort I can turn to friends and I really thank them for being there, to my family who have provided a ton of encouragement and they let me know that they loved me and to stay strong.

Sometimes it was just putting the radio on and singing along that made me feel better. 

Another successful week.  3 months have gone by and I am doing well.  I can see that I have shrunk quite a bit and I must celebrate that, even though I have a long way to go - it's a great accomplishment so far.  I'm also getting more shape, which is always a plus.  I definately don't want to be skinny and boney, more Nigella for me.  I think a curvey Lou will suit me just fine.

If you're trying to lose weight as well and are having a bad day, don't turn to food to solve the problem.  It's like the alcoholic that tries to drown his sorrows - they will still be there when he sobers up.  Walk through the bad day, acknowlege it hasn't been the best of days and then try find solutions or a way to sort out what needs sorting.  Put the stress down at the end of the day, have a good nights' sleep and pick yourself up and give it your best shot the next day.

I get to play pirate tonight at my friends' birthday.  I'll be whipping up a cheesecake for this event (the healthiest option of cake - yeah it's true), tomorrow I'm making butternut soup and anything else I'm inspired to do. Through all this though I'll be sticking to my own food.  How empowering is that!!!!

Stay healthy, stay warm and be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment