Tuesday, 07 June 2011

Cold and Hungry.

That is how I felt last night and I did not get a good nights' sleep. As a matter of fact, I was up the whole night. My stomach was gnawing on my spine and I couldn't stomach water or anything else.  Perhaps it's the cold weather, the burning of extra calaries to stay warm, but I'm definately feeling  more hungry.

My stomach kept growling and for the first time I was tempted to go dig in the fridge and cheat, not even with unhealthy food, with 2 crackers and a little wedge of cheese - a healthy cheat.  I knew however that I just couldn't - it's tough in those moments.  I have no one else to be true too bar for myself.  I know no one else would know.....but I can't, I just can't fall back into those habits, and right now I can't afford to add anything extra to my meal plan - that will come in due course but right now I have to stay on track.  So it was a very difficult night last night, I made it though. I stayed the course - that makes me proud, that in my moment of weakness I held on.

Breakfast went down like a home sick mole!  I went about making my favorite:  Onions, tomatoe, chilli on 2 crackers with melted cheese.  I savoured every single bite.  And it was delicious and satisfactory.

Right now it's about staying the course.  My head is down, my arms tucked in and I'm making my way through this cold and a bit difficult winter on small quantities of food.  Yeah, my mind, my will has got to stay strong.

Yours in health.

No comments:

Post a Comment