Thursday, 28 April 2011

Survival of the holiday week.

Being on leave with nothing much to do and nowhere to go was difficult.  Not that everything revolves around food, but remember I can't detour one little bit off this diet, so heading into the midlands to go to Rawdons would be out of the question - unless of course you pack your lunch and head on out....but how could one go into the midlands and not partake of the food and drink.

I tried to keep myself as busy as I could doing odd jobs around my flat.  I cleaned up, got rid of papers that had lost their importance, threw out things that I no longer needed and sorted my pot cupboard out.  I could have washed my car...but I wasn't really feeling that inspired to do so.  I did however get the new radiator cap and am happy to report that the radiator is once again working as it should.  I learnt that each cap has a different amount of pressure - interesting.

I had some reading material - reading all about Henry VIII and his court and his 6 wives.  I have also been catching up on the Tudor series with my mother.

Played a bit of golf  - it was quite a hot day when we headed out and we only had 1 lt water to share.  I got rather dizzy and had to quit and go in search of more water and shade.  I can't really go out and be that active on this diet, the calorie intake is not that high, so you can't go off and waste it - as I said, I got dizzy and a bit nauseous, next time I'll take more water, a cracker, fruit and go sloooooow.

So it was rather trying going through easter weekend and other public holidays.  All these celebrations usually centre around food in my family.  It is difficult to sit and watch my family eating bacon, eggs and toast while I sip on a sprite zero.  It is difficult sitting through my brother braaing spareribs and then munching on them.  It's difficult going to movies and smelling the popcorn and not buying some.  This journey is a difficult one.  However, I have willingly chosen to do this, I do not want to fail, because I know if I do, I will let go totally and very much doubt I'll have enough strenght to go at it again. I WILL NOT FAIL!  I WILL NOT CHEAT! I take one day at a time.  I make my food as delicious as I can and I make look as good as I can.  I eat it and enjoy every healthy bite.

This is my lean season.  I have sampled so many delicious dishes in my life that I can go for a year without.  Besides it's not like I'm not eating.  I eat three small healthy meals and for that I'm graciously thankful. 

Yup my friends.  It is not easy to lose weight.  It is a difficult journey.  I have to keep myself in check all the time.  For people that only have to lose 10kg or so, you don't understand what it's like.  For those that have never been overweight, you don't understand what it's like.  I give myself pep talks every day.  I say no to everything that I am offered.  I don't want to fail and that is why I'm steaming on ahead.

IT'S WORTH IT!!!  My normal jeans are too big for me now.  The 'bum' hangs, the leg area is too big and they just don't stay up properly anymore.  They look terrible on me.  I am absolutely delighted about it!  My black smart pants are also getting too baggy.  It feels awesome.  I have now moved onto my tighter jeans.  The thing is, they are not as tight as they were before...dare I say they have even gotten a little baggy in the bum and legs too.  Joy! absolute joy!  When these get too big, I have another pair that I will get into.  So, yes, all the difficulties are so worth it.  My body is getting smaller, leaner, thinnger every day.  It puts a smile on my face because I know in my heart of hearts I'm going to achieve this goal - every day I'm good is success!

So if there are people reading this blog that want to put their minds, soul and body into losing weight - go for it. I encourage you to take this bull by it's horns and do it!  Just do it....NOW!



Be healthy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment