Thursday, 14 April 2011

DICE...and all things Nice.

Let's start with all things nice.  It's so very nice that my usual jeans are getting too big for me.  Yes they are baggy around my waste, bum and legs - yay to the power of 10!  Even the black pants I wore to my cousins' wedding are loose. It's wonderful.  Giving up all the fatty and junk food in order to get these results is worth it. NICE indeed!

Kitchen Dice.  Got a couple of pics (they're a little fuzzy as I didn't use my flash - yet at the time of taking them they looked fine!) Here are recipes for those of you that are looking for a healthy lunch or dinner.

Lunch:  Cheese "pizza"  First up: weigh your veggies - in this case I used tomatoe, onion and mushrooms and give them a quick simmer.  Place on 2 cracker bread, sprinkle your 60g cheese over them (you'll have left over to nibble as you "weight" for them)  Next place under the grill and grill till the cheese melts. YUM! and healthy....
















Dinner:  So you've heard of Minestrone Soup - usually a mixture of chunky veggies.  I've done my own version and called it Mincestrone Soup.  Weigh your various veg to make up 110g: Leek, marrow, red pepper, fennel and green beans.  Don't forget to add your garlic, and if you want a bit of a sting, some chilli.  Get water on the boil and add in your chilli, garlic, rosemary and a dash of balsamic vinegar.  Let that boil for a while.  Add in your 100g mince.  Add in your chopped veggies and let that cook down.  Finally, just to soften the chilli sting add a good splash of sprite zero.  Serve with 2 cracker bread or 2 provitas.  It really is delicious, healthy and filling.  I had to pack mine as I was on the go...

I must say that eating like this, I feel clean on the inside and I know that I'm feeding my body what it needs.  I still have not cheated and do not intend too. 

I'll make sure the pics are a better quality next time.

Health is wealth!

1 comment: