Thursday, 07 July 2011

The Day After.

Madam Zingara's was a blast.  The show was extravagent and glitzy.  The group I went with looked lovely and we had a lot of fun.

As mentioned I was a little nervous about the food.  Even though I knew I was going to break my diet for this night I didn't want to overboard.

Let me take you through the menu and how I handled the food on my plate.  Starters: 2 Mini mugs of a spinach and ricotta, herb soup.  Bread, dips, mini cheese, nuts and olives.  These were to be shared amongst 2 people.  The serving was small and very tastey.  I made a point in not grabbing the bread as soon as we were seated.  I let others eat most of it and literally took a little piece to put a bit of humus on.  Ante pasta:  a mini crepe stuffed with creamed spinach served on napolina sauce and rocket with grated parmisan.  Again a very small dish.  So far I was absolutely enjoying all the various flavors, I have gotten so used to my food that it was a taste explosion. Mains:  I ordered the 200g fillet served with dark chilli chocolate sauce and deep fried angel noodles.  I put the noodles aside as I wasn't interested in that.  I enjoyed the steak - it could have used a little bit of cracked salt to bring out the chocolate flavour more (that is the secret of chocolate acutally).  Dessert:  We were given 3 mini deserts.  Malva puding, lemon infused creme brule' and strawberry yoghurt mosse.  I went for the malva pudding first.  My first taste litterally gave me goosebumps.  It was extremely delicious and left me wanting more.  I only had half.  I had 1 spoon of the strawberry mouse - didn't fancy that so moved onto the creme' brule'. Creme brule' happens to be my favorite dessert.  I at that lil pot up!  Delish!!!

The only thing about my feast last night is that today I'm hungry.  Last nights' feast is the most food I've eaten in 4 months.  I thouroughly enjoyed it, but now it's back to my diet and back to being strict.  I didn't go overboard and took my time in eating and savouring each dish.  I feel good about the whole thing.

Here are some pics from the evening:



































Yes, I am committed to stick to my plan and continue losing weight.  I know I will reach my goal, I'm that focused.

Tomorrow my brother turns 18!  Wow!  I'm baking mini cupcakes for him and taking the day off to pretty much do whatever he wants.  Being on diet during times like this can be tough because I want to also enjoy the cake and a meal if we go out, but these are the sacrifices I'm willing to make at this time.

Thank goodness lunch time has rolled around.  I'm ready to have my brussel sprouts and chicken.

Stay warm, stay healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment