Wednesday, 30 March 2011

An Ode to Cheese.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE cheese. Always have and always will.  It is truly one of the most yummy things on this earth and gos oh so very well with red wine darling.  It is a life saver that on Dr. Cohen I get to have 60 g of cheese daily.  My choices are limited of course.  I mean I cannot cut up a Stincky Blue or a Fairview Brie, but I do get to have white hard cheese - the best choice is mozerella but I opt for Tussers, and of course I'm allowed low fat cottage/smooth cheese (tip:  add garlic or normal chives to spice it up at no extra calories)  So praise be to the makers of Tussers.  My lunch was that much more delicious because of the big T. 

Lunch:  70g mushrooms & 30g green beens sauteed ;) with garlic and salt.  Sprinkled with 30 g grated T.  I savoured every single bite.  I took my time and delighted in the way the cheese melted and was gooey - it felt and tasted so indulgent!  I then had "seconds" as I had 30g left over T and 2 crackers - bonus!  My lunch was without a doubt very delicious.  I think it's because my palate has become a lot cleaner so my taste buds are working well and truly tasting food.  Plus I don't rush.  So to the gods of cheese a huge thank you from this lil dieter.

Last night I went to stay with a mate of mine.  So it came to dinner time and after I had heated my meal, he looked at it and said with widening eyes "Is that all?"  Yes the servings are not large, but I am now eating to live and not living to eat.  My body gets what it requires and is satisfied.  During this process I am happy to report I have had no cravings.  Note:  different from desire.  So Kyle is preparing his food, and let me tell you it smelt heavenly even though it was baked oven chips and chicken schnitzel (salivate)  Then he cracked open a beer!!!!!  The smell of that beer made it's way into my nostrils and I truly wanted to take a huge gulp from the glass - wow - beer never smelt so good and I'm not a beer drinker.  Went to the fridge, got some ice and poured my vodka and sprite zero (minus the vodka).

This morning I had to attend an Amps meeting.  They always serve yummy scones, biscuits etc at these things, eyed the table when I walked in and made my way to the coffee counter and got myself a straight up black coffee with 1 sweetner.  Thank you very much.

So here I am at day 10 and stronger than ever.  Today my uncle heads out for chemo treatment no. 2 and tomorrow treatment no. 3. I will I am doing everything in my might to make sure that he sees a slimmer, healthier me.

1 comment:

  1. People come to California for the wine, and stay for the cheese. Keep it going.

    ReplyDelete