Monday, 28 March 2011

Weekend Update

Monday has arrived and I can proudly say in all honesty that I was 100% over the weekend.  No easy feat. 

As mentioned on friday it was my uncle Brians' birthday.  He requested a mild curry.  I took off half day to go do my shopping and get the curry on the go.  I made sure that I had eaten my lunch so that the gastric juices would be in control.  I have to say the chicken smelt absolutely delicious.  There was no way of telling how it tasted as I wasn't even going to have taste of the gravy, but it looked loooooooovely.  I made my dinner which was a very healthy mince curry and green beans.  I ate just before everyone got to my grans' place, so I was full. I dished up for everyone and was happy to see my family together sharing a meal. I felt in control and that was a winner for me.

Saturday morning rolled around and I started off with an egg and 65g onion/tomatoe and 2 cracker breads.  Prepared and packed my food for the day so that there would be no reason to cheat. I can't stress enough how important it is to be prepared - that is one of the keys to winning this battle.

Had my game of golf - which was shocking.  Literally threw the club a couple of times - I reckon it had to do with being empty and a little on edge :)  Later on visited some mates.  Again I made sure that I had my diet spirte and some soda water on hand, so that as they drank, I had my little "drinks" too.

We celebrated earth hour by turning off the lights and Graham got a delightful bonefire going.  There were times when I really felt like that glass of wine ( I do love me some red wine) but the thought popped into my head "how long does my uncle have?" That again gave me the strength to say NO NO NO.

Sunday cruised along lazily and I indulged in a sleep in - which meant I missed my breakfast.  Had an early lunch, then headed off to movies.  The smell of popcorn - oooooh my.  How could I go to movies and not have popcorn - it's not even that fattening....but it's not on my eating plan and therefore a no no.  I now know that I am going to be saying no a hellofa lot and that some people are going to start thinking I'm a little insane.  That's okay - it's my health and it's my choice.  It's what I want.  As expected I survived movies without popcorn :)

So that is my first weekend down.  The first of many.  So for those of you that want to lose weight, my word of advice is to be prepared.  Make your little meals and take them along wherever you go - therefore no excuses.  Us overweight people are great at coming up with excuses - but when you are serious about it, there is no place to hide and you got to take responsibilty for every decision, every morsal that goes into your mouth.  That is where I am at. 

So day 8 and 100%

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congrats. Of course you're doing well, not only do we all believe in you but you believe in yourself! Xoxo.

    ReplyDelete