Thursday, 18 August 2011

Head Space.

I haven't been in the best head space lately.  Feeling a little blue and it could be for a number of reasons:  the cold weather is getting to me, I've been feeling so nauseous, a bit snotty, my uncle, nothing fits me anymore and just out of sorts.  In order to combat the nauseous I've been having heavier food - more starch, but all that has done is bring me down even more, so from today I'm just going to go back to my eating plan and hopefully this icky feeling will pass (it's been over a week).

I feel stuck in a rut, with work and with the diet.  I'm a little bored. A little irritated with one or two mates and I don't feel like I want to reach out and make contact.  I pretty much feel that if you don't make the effort, don't expect me too either.

So yeah, just blue.  I could do with a cup of comfort tea = Rooibos with milk and sugar.

On the positive side I'm going to send my CV to a company, just want to put my feelers out there. I also want to start walking...perhaps that what all the above is about.  I want to get a bit more active and release those good endorphines.  Nothing hectic just a couple laps around the local racecourse - about a 3.4km walk around.  Once summer comes I'm definitely going to going for a few lengths in the swimming pool.

What I got to do right now though is pull myself out of the funk.  Bring myself back into line and focus. I keep telling myself that it's not like anything bad is happening or that I've lost control.  Just not functioning at my optimum.

The good thing is that I'm aware of this state and can see it and work in a direction that will lift me up. I'm going to have some energy tea, my vitamins and put a smile on my dial.

When down, got to pick myself up and not allow myself to wallow.
Mental & Physical health is true wealth.


No comments:

Post a Comment