Tuesday, 24 May 2011

Yoghurt! Plain Greek Yoghurt.

You wouldn't think that this would make for a topic, but let me just assure you, when on diet, what type of yoghurt you choose is VERY important.  Since being on the new healthy way of eating I have sampled a variety of plain, low fat yoghurt.  I've bought from the expensive brands to the cheap, looking for something that I could actually enjoy and not force myself to eat. 

Many brands were plain horrid!  The yoghurt was close to sour and vile!  Even mixing mango or paw paw in didn't do much and I have had to force my breakfast down.  One brand was so bad that I ate cheese for breakfast that week, I just couldn't face another spoon of that yoghurt.  Ugh, it gave me the hibby gibbies.

 I also didn't want to hurt the bank.  Yoghurt, as many other health foods, is getting expensive.  In this case though, I had to ask myself "Do I want to save a few rands, or do I want to enjoy my breakfast and stick to this plan?"  Of course it's the latter.  So I recommend: Dannon, Nutriday Plain Low Fat Yoghurt.  YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.  It tasted like I was eating thick cream.  It is so delicious - I was blown away.  Today I actually couldn't wait to have my breakfast.  I mixed one 175g tub with sweet Paw Paw - simply delish.  It is a small thing like this, that can make or break your diet. 

So do yourself a favour, and go for the tastier option, it makes a huge difference. I'm quite happy to keep eating this yoghurt every day for breakfast now.

9 Weeks have passed and the 'feel' right now is 'settling in'.  I'm settling into this plan as I know it's for the long haul.  This is not a 3 or 6 month diet.  I'm on this for at least another 10 months and then I've got a lot of work to do there-after - getting fit and maintaining my healthy habits, rethinking food and putting it in it's place. 

There are times that I feel it's taking forever, but I remind myself that there really are no quick fixes in life.  Sometimes the longer, scenic route gets you there faster...somehow. 

So, here is to settling in for the next few months.



No comments:

Post a Comment