Thursday, 12 May 2011

Onward and Upward...

...or should that be downward.  Indaba 2011 came and went.  They were long days, little food and resisting temptation on all fronts. You can buy delicious meals at the Indaba and the company pays, ah couldn't do that, there was nothing on the menu for me.  We had a wine and chocolate tasting at our stand, I poured wine, broke chocolate, and the smell was intoxicating - I was literally salivating.  Alas I couldn't sample any of those delights.  It was extremely difficult overcoming those 4 days.  But I did it!  I was and still am so very proud of getting past those 4 days.  At lunch time while everyone was devouring curries, oxtail, wraps, salad rolls, I sat with my small lunch outside and repeated my mantra out loud, "it's worth it, it's worth it, this is your choice".

 V I C, V I C, V I C T O R Y, Victory Victory is my cry V I C T O R Y!

Got back into the office on Wednesday and had a black skirt and red top on.  That day I got 3 compliments. "What is your secret that you've lost so much weight".  Er, hullo!!! Haven't you seen what I've been eating these past 2 months - very little!  THAT is the secret, healthy small portions of food and lotsa water :)  Not much of a secret really.

I've mixed things up a bit these past two days.  I haven't really been "feeling" the yoghurt, so opted for cheese in the morning.  50 g cheese and two provitas.  Lunch 110g smoked chicken (new favorite delicious treat) with salad and 2 provitas.  It's important to mix things up a bit, chop and change.  This will keep you from getting bored with the same ol' same ol'.

Monday the 16th of May will mark 2 months.  That is the longest I stayed on this diet all those years back.  Passing this benchmark is a huge thing for me.  Simply put I panic.  I start worrying that the diet will stop working and others will think that I'm cheating and lying about it.  A lot of 'what ifs' plague my mind.  I then have to take control and still my mind.  I remind myself that I have made a promise to me and I know this time around I will not break it.  There is only room to succeed.  I know if I don't, I'll totally lose it and blow up to the size of a house.  I don't want that.

Onward and Downward I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment