Friday, 27 May 2011

This is ridiculous!

........in the best way.  This morning, being a chilly sub 20 degrees means it's time to put on pants, scarves, sox and long sleeve shirts.  Yes, us Durbanites know we are whimpish when it comes to the cold and I'm not going to apologise.  It suddenly turned FREEZING COLD (muy frio - I'm learning spanish!) and I'm convinced that becuause I have less fat on me, I'm feeling it even more so.


Off to the wardrobe I go and pull out my pair of black smart pants. If you recall, they were starting to get a bit baggy on me.  Pulled them up without undoing the zip or button and "oh my word!!!!!!!!!!"  They were literally hanging on me.  They looked horrid!  Baggy baggy around the bum and legs and tummy.  Whoop!

Alright, so I do have a back up pair - the smaller ones that I haven't been able to wear for ages.  I had taken these smaller pants to Cape Town in error and ja, needless to say I couldn't even come close to trying to zip them up as they didn't even close around my tummy area.  Do I chance it?  Had I lost enough to wear them?  I was taking a risk and I didn't want to be disappointed, but hey, got to take chances too.  Gingerly I pulled them out, gave them a shake, undid the zip and button, slipped both legs in .... so far so good.  Ah up around the bum, great!  Now pull together to zip and botton.  Voila!!!  Success!  But, hold on, these too are loose on me!  The were baggy.  That is when I literally said "This is ridiculous!" :) 


Now to try on a 3rd pair of pants.  I have a pair of cargos that I haven't worn for an absolute age, they were just so freaking tight, I could barely breath standing up with them on, let alone sitting down.  Pulled those on and I'm absolutely delighted to announce they fitted and very nicely too.  The leg area is a little baggy, but they fit! They fit, they fit.

It is so wonderful knowing, seeing and feeling the results of this diet.  Yes it's a difficult diet to follow, yes, I desire food that I'm not allowed, but man oh man, all this saying no is so VERY WORTH IT!  I was so excited to get onto the pee cee and let you know about my results. The blog gods however didn't seem to keen for me to get this celebratory news out and I had to find a way to overthrow them - again success.

This weekend my family are getting together for a lunch with my uncle.  He is still sick and he is still my inspiration.  I'm happy I can show him that I'm sticking to this.  I'll be making roast chicken, greek salad and foccacia (from scratch) for my family.  I'll of course stick to my eating plan.

So, people, all in all, a flippen excellent start to my weekend.  Nearly 2 and half months into this and I can tell you that I'm looking forward to saying no and to getting thinner in the next 2 and half months.

To health, to wealth, to getting slim.
Viva Loulou Viva.

No comments:

Post a Comment