Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Cold Turkey

And that is not referring to actual cold turkey - which, if done correctly and with the right seasoning is delicious.

Cold turkey here means just doing it without easing yourself into it.  That is how I have to approach any diet.  I can't still have the coffee with milk and sugar, otherwise it will lead me down the path to a muffin that begs "eat me".  That means today is black coffee and since there is no sweetner around...bitter black coffee.  It's like drinking tequilla really, *sip* pull face, shiver inside and go in again.

This morning was a rush. I've been out of practise preparing my food that I nearly burnt my rashions.  I didn't have time to wolf down yoghurt so bought one at work - it wasn't plain but it was low fat.  I bought, what looking like a delicious juicy orange, but that turned into dry sour disappointment - I ate it though!  Eating an orange for me it quite an ordeal.  Peel it, plith it and then pull the capsules apart and eat the cells only.  I don't like the capsule if you will. Only the goodies inside, and as mentioned that was a let down.

Since I still have some canned goods and soya in my cupboard that I don't want to go to waste - stuff like chickepeas, beans, lentils, soya.  All very high in protein and low in fat. This means there will be many days that I'll be eating purely as a vegitarian and 96% vegan.    Today is chickpea curry.  I use the term curry here very lightly.  I have merely added a bit of chilli, garlic, dhana and curry powder - there are no other things thrown in to fortify this into a ligitimate curry.  Tis alright.

I'm excited and content to get back to eating healthy.  There is nothing under the sun I haven't tried or tested.

Doing this for me!  I know though, that when I reach my goal, and if there is a place where we go when we die, my uncle will be nodding and saying "knew you could do it all along.  Always had faith you would!"

To Life. To Feeling Better. To Health.

No comments:

Post a Comment