Monday, 16 April 2012

Back to Black Coffee and Fructose

I sit here with a very resigned look on my face.  All the way back to step 5 - I haven't put on all the weight I lost but I have put on a lot of it. Yeah I've given my head the shake of dispair, I've been down in the gutter. I have felt absolutely shit about myself.

My life has been on a spiral - down.   The unhealthy spiral, the depressed spiral, the suicidal spiral.  Yeah, there have been such dark days where I saw no light whatsoever.

So out of the chaos what can I do?  Take back at least one aspect of control - my eating.

All the days of promising myself to get back on track have come to today. I've started and I'm already fantasising about a plate of fries!  Back to 21 days of habit breaking, back to lecturing myself, man I"m a record that goes round and round. 

If anything at least I know that the eating plan works!  I should lose the weight I've put on in a couple of months.  I know that I"ll be giving myself pep talks.  I've got to get back in control.  I was doing so brilliantly.

Now that my uncle has gone, I have to keep that promise I made...for me.

I start again.  Here I go.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lou...

    Listen - I hear you on the struggle and I know how very depressed you have been. I do hope you see some light!

    Have you ever considered following a high protein/low carb program? I definitely don't feel as deprived on that as I did when I was counting calories and going low fat and I am seeing great results, and whats more I feel so much better than ever before. There are some fantastic facebook support groups if you're interested?

    ReplyDelete