Friday, 30 March 2012

Jumping like a Flea...

....from idea to idea.  What do I want to do with my life now that I no longer have a permanent job.  The obvious answer to that would be to find another job.  The thing is, I don't want to go into another soul distroying position.  I don't want to spend the next 30 years or so until retirement plodding along at something that doesn't give me a sense of wowness. 

Maybe that is why I have been so down.  I haven't don't anything that wows' me, in a long time.

I've looked at nursing - especially oncology nursing - that however takes studying and university for 4 years before I am a registered nurse - time and money - money is tight due to the work issue.

Volunteering in Peru?  I was all up for that until I realised it was going to cost me a  $1000 or so a week to volunteer my services - besides the airfare.

Okay so what about something closer to home and to my heart.  Uganda and children!  What a combination.  The airfare is reasonable - R5500-R6800.  The cost for purely volunteering is 400 euros.  If I want to do any adventuring whilst there (which is always a bonus) it's an extra 1000 euros.

So what do I do? Do I go into dull mainstream work again, nuring, volunteering.  My inners say volunteering, which means I've also got to get into tip top shape physically and mentally and I?have to start raising the funds to get there.  The volunteering with children in Uganda has stirred me.  I love children, I love nuturing, and I would very much like to give of my time and of me ... funds permitting.

I'm going to open up a serperate fund raising account and start trying to get the funds in.  Ultimately I'd like to be able to take books,pens,clothes with me.  When I start in ernst please help me to help others. 

So I mentioned getting into tip top shape physically.  Yip - that is going to go into overdrive.  I haven't forgotten my promise I made, I've slipped back but I'm going to claw my way out.

Please stand on the sidelines with your pompoms, cheers and encouragements.  I'm going to NEED them more than ever, more than before.  As you know I've been so very down and dark. I know that it is only up to me, I know that and it's a difficult prospect but I am going to try once again.  Heavy lifting. H E A V Y lifting. Whew, people I don't know hey - I'm weighed down before I've started.

Do you know it takes 21 days to break a habit............

No comments:

Post a Comment